Do you want more Energy?
Try these three simple steps
1. Avoid the Most Common Food Sensitivities
- Dairy Products: Cow’s Milk, Yogurt, Cheese and Whey. Sometimes even goat and sheep products cause problems.
- Grains: Especially wheat but also corn, barley, spelt, rye, oats and sometimes rice. Rarely quinoa. Remember grains are in many alcohol containing products.
- Citrus: Oranges, Lemons, Limes, Grapefruit
- Peanuts and Tree Nuts: Almonds, Cashews, Pistachios, Pecans, Hazelnuts, Brazil Nuts, Macadamia Nuts, Pine Nuts
- Shellfish: Shrimp, Crab, Lobster, Scallops, Clams, Oysters
You can also make and appointment to work with me.
There are different ways we test for these foods and the most common foods you eat.
2. Get More Restorative Sleep
If you are burning the candle at both ends you are probably not getting enough sleep. Make sure you have a good 6-9 hours of sleep a night.
- Not just any kind of sleep…Restorative Sleep.
- Restorative sleep means your body is relaxed and has what it needs to repair and be ready for the next day.
- Avoid any electronics 3 hours before bed
- Avoid using alcohol, marijuana, sleeping pills
- Provide your body with plenty of mineral-rich vegetables throughout the day. You may benefit from taking additional magnesium glycinate during the day and magnesium L-threonate before bed.
- Keep the room as dark as possible and at a temperature that works for you. There is research that shows a room should be cool but if you are anything like me that would have me bundled up like…
3. Avoid Caffeine
I know you are throwing food at your computer screen right now but I have to tell you that in all my years of practice, avoiding caffeine has been surprisingly miraculous for my patients. They were surprised, but I wasn’t. We live in a high stress world where our primal brains are always on alert. This raises cortisol that makes us anxious and sleepless. Do you know what else raises cortisol? You guessed it! Caffeine.
Good substitutes are:
- Chicory Hot Drinks
- Caffeine-free Teas
- Fruit Infused Water
- Good-ole-Filtered Water
Try it for 2 weeks and let me know how it goes.
Work with Me!
Do you know what my absolute favorite thing to do is? It is working with you!
Celebrating your breakthroughs in health are the best. But it’s not all about me. I know you have health issues you want to overcome. You want more energy, less bloating, less joint pain, less muscle pain, more sleep… Whatever it is, let me help you get there.